This blog is going places...

Dear Blog World

Hey world, long time no talk. Really long time no talk. In fact I don't remember what my last post even contained. I've been incredibly busy as of late. So here is going to be my attempt at a "quick" redux of my life in the last year? Really honestly I don't know when I posted last.


Okay so lets start last summer... I finished up my school year last year without a job and quickly running out of money. So I jumped right on finding a job upon getting out of school. I got a job working at Starbucks again, but this time at a new location than the one that I had been working at. I was working with my old assistant manager at my new store and got the amazing opportunity to see how other stores work.

Last summer was actually a really really hard time for me. I think the more time I spend away from thinking about last summer the more I forget how much it got to me. I spent a good portion of my year crying. My grandfather passed away after a battle to get back on top after surgery made him loose a kidney. I honestly am not sure why he decided to have the surgery. It was one of those things where because he was so old there was a good chance that if the abdominal aortic aneurysm didn't get him. But my grandpa has always been a bit headstrong. When he makes a decision it's good as done. He never lived as if he was slowing down even to the point where when he was in the dialysis center due to his kidney failure the nurse couldn't believe he was in his upper eighties and was convinced that he was in his sixties cuz his body is just that strong. That being said I'm so happy to know that I'm going to get to see him in Heaven. So... maybe at some point I'll do a whole post on that, but right now I really don't feel like crying.

The other really big stand-out thing that happened last summer was Creation Fest with one of my best friends, Tobin. He is a total inspiration for me. He's actually just now moving back to Washington for the summer after having spent two years living in mexico working at an orphanage. I honestly cannot wait for him to come back. It's going to be so good to get to see him and spend some quality time with him. Also I'm like ninety percent sure we're doing Creation Fest again this year although it's been moved to a new location (lame!) But I'm sure it will still be a blast.

So yeah that was my summer. Now lets do a school year redux.

I started out this year taking I think it was sixteen credits. Normally one might thing this is totally manageable but let me tell you I have never spent so many nights on the cusp of a royal break down as this period of my life. I think that probably part of it was not wanting to have to think about my Grandpa not being around any longer. My family is all really good at taking on more than we may be able to handle if there is something that we want to not have to think about. So yeah, sixteen credits... Pretty much killed me. I eventually quit my job at the Bux while I was at school that quarter because I couldn't keep it up. I was taking four different classes that were creatives and not sciences. I applaud those that have the ability to only take sciences, but I bow to those that only take creatives. I've heard it said that no work of art is finished it's only abandoned. Aint that the truth! It became borderline ridiculous how many all nighters I spent that quarter. It was so challenging mentally and physically, but it was also really good for me. I decided at that time that I wasn't going to review for my next year at school and instead take another year to really take all the classes I wanted to take without all of the extra pressure of forcing all my classes. Honestly it's been one of the best choices I've made lately.

So yeah last quarter was really rather uneventful... Which brings me to this quarter. I'm taking a class that is all about concepts on form and the theory associated with it. Who would have known that there is so much to be said about such abstract shapes. And it's not all cods wallop. I'm also taking a Spanish literature class which is fun, but oh my gosh do I need to do better on both of my next tests. And I'm taking a history of ID class which is all about product histories and designers and whatnot. Today I did a presentation on Ding Dongs...

Oh I just realized I forgot to mention some other things that happened last year. I may have already posted about this, but... My old laptop broke. Like a super long time ago, but it was still a super big issue. Oh and I fractured my foot. Hopping into Ihop... NEVER HOP INTO IHOP!!! Feet get broken that way. I think that maybe I had a bit of a calcium deficiency since I don't really do dairy. So yeah that all happened. Then I also got Walking pneumonia, and Strep right after that. And then this winter quarter I got Pig Fever (that one was a fun one. I got all nice and dizzy!) So yeah... that's been the redux of my year.

From now on I'm going to attempt to be more prolific in my posts. I used to post short little videos on my facebook to keep friends and family up to date on my life, but I had to get a new phone which doesn't have it's own camera (although this should be reserved for a different time or place) And yeah, so I think that maybe I will use this as a my "What I'm doing" blog.

Have a lovely day and until we meet again,
E

0 comments: